A booklet entitled Southwick War Memorial, Unveiling and Dedication Sunday 12th June 1921 was produced and the following is taken directly from the booklet.
Names of the Fallen
Sergt.-Major G.W.Kennedy, D.C.M., M.M.
Pte. A. S. Cameron, M.M. Cpl. Jas. Thomson
Pte. A Ed. Davidson Pte. R. Thomson
Pte. Jas. Nicholson Pte. Jas. Seggie
Pte. T. Wright
Pte. Jas. Chalmers Pte. J. McWhirter
Pte. J. C. Frazer Pte. W. McWhirter
Gnr. T. Kirkland Pte. W Shennan
Pte. J. F. McAdam Pte. W. Stroyan
Southwick War Memorial
Unveiled by Colonel Dudgeon
A beautifully sculptured granite Cross, erected at Southwick as a Memorial to the Men connected with the District who made the Supreme Sacrifice on the field of battle was unveiled and dedicated on the Sabbath, 12th June 1921. The unveiling ceremony was performed by Mrs Kennedy of Auchenskeoch and an eloquent address was delivered by Colonel R. F. Dudgeon, C.B., of Cargen, Lord-Lieutenant of the Stewartry of Kirkcudbright, who wore the resplendent uniform of his distinquished office. Interest was also added by the fact that the ceremony was also taken part in by Sir Mark J. M'Taggart-Stewart, Bart., of Southwick, formerly M.P. for the Stewartry, who in spite of the fact that he has attained the great age of eighty-seven, took a very prominent part in the somewhat protracted proceedings, and gave a very able address in introducing Colonel Dudgeon.
The Memorial is in the form of a Cross, composed of Southwick granite bult on a concrete base, and rising to a height of 11 ft. 6 in. There is a granite landing, finely axed, and three granite bases, on which is surmounted the Cross. The names of the fallen and the inscription are given on the side panels of the three base stones, and above, on the Cross, is a laurel wreath, within the circle of which are the dates "1914-1918" on the upright of the Cross there are two decorative swords, and a crown is sculptured into the cross at the top of the memorial. No more suitable site for a district memorial could have been found than that at Southwick Bridge, at the junction of the main Newabbey Road with that running to Southwick. The Cross is erected on a high rising piece of ground, round which a wall of granite has been built, and the Memorial is approached by a flight of granite steps. The Memorial is the work of Messrs Kirkpatrick, Ltd., Trafford Park, Manchester, the representative of which is a Dalbeattie man, and they are to be congratulated on the success of their work.
There is a link to the Scottish War Memorial Project here. This also names those who died in Word War II who were later added to the Memorial.