COLVEND AND SOUTHWICK COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING

THURSDAY 5th OCTOBER AT 7pm in COLVEND PUBLIC HALL

 

 

 

PRESENT:               D. Roan – Chair, S. Gourlay – Secretary, J. Coates, Cllr D. Stitt, P. Harper, M. Pumphrey, D. McCall,

J. Stanning, Marion McGhie (Minutes) and PC Colin Scott.

Members of public - J. Rowland, Alan and Glenda Bowman.

 

 

GUESTS:  Kimberley Phillips (Abbey Ward Officer) and Sue Vest (NHS)

 

 

APOLOGIES:         T. Roan, Cllr I. Blake, Cllr R. Davidson, Eric Fisher, S. Pain, M. Parry

 

 

MINUTES OF MEETING 07/09/17:              

 

Change Colonel Chaloner to Colonel Chalmers - Proposed – J Coates, Signed – D. Roan

 

 

POLICE REPORT: 

 

C. Scott had no offences to report. However, the police have been giving a lot of advice to the public, especially regarding the Christmas season and scams which are circulating. Be aware of fake phone calls from banks asking for bank details and card readers.

 

 

SUE VEST AND KIMBERLEY PHILLIPS ON COMMUNITY WELLBEING:

 

Kimberley Phillips (Abbey Ward Officer) introduced herself to the CC and outlined what her role was in the community. She is involved in community engagement which can include meeting with parents, resilience plans. K. Phillips was familiar with the Colvend School Playground project which the Colvend and Southwick CC is involved with. She is also happy to be contacted if any issues come up.

Sue Vest (NHS) introduced herself as a link between social care and the community. Her focus is on keeping the vulnerable people in a community well and active, especially over the winter periods. Involved in pilot projects such as resilience plans and safety schemes in case of emergency situations. Also mentioned some elderly members of the community need help to travel to medical appointments.  She would like to identify what our main challenges are or if we have any particular needs in the area, and then address them accordingly. S. Vest also discussed the use of Ordinance Survey grid references to let emergency services find people more accurately. J. Stanning suggested a database for all the grid references in the area. S. Vest will email J. Stanning and S. Gourlay with more information.

D. Roan decided that this topic will be discussed further at a future meeting when we have more information. It was also agreed to sign off the current resilience plan we have in place, which will also be done at a future meeting.

 

 

MATTERS ARISING FROM MINUTES:

 

  1. Tarmac repair at Roughhills – Still outstanding. Response required from Council.                 Action DS / SG            
  1. Defibrillators – LS carried out checks on all and found a few needed servicing. Waiting for a price from L. Stratford for spare parts. Kippford Association are taking responsibility for the one there. It was suggested to ask the Golf Club if they would take responsibility for theirs.
  1. Kippford – Mr Gibson’s concerns were discussed and it was concluded that the Hall and Car Park were gifted to the community of Kippford, in 1918, not Colvend, as Mr Gibson believed it to be.
  1. Colvend Primary School Playground – S. Pain not present so no update was received, however as a council, we approved the wording of the lease agreement with the land owners. There will be an asset relocation but no renewal agreement. Either the council or the land owners can terminate the agreement if they wish.
  1. Broadband – J. Rowland reported that houses with a poor broadband speed can receive help from the government. The Southwick exchange is being upgraded currently. S. Gourlay and D. Roan gave Rowland details to check if their houses can receive help.

 

 

TREASURERS REPORT:

 

The accounts were presented by the Treasurer. The balances as of 5th October 2017 were: -

£19158-05 (Robin Rigg current account), £9997.84 (held by Solway Firth Partnership) and £1782.49 (Community Council unrestricted fund)

 

 

 

ROBIN RIGG WINDFARM COMMUNITY BENEFIT FUND:

 

  1. Golf Club – Environmental Improvement Project. Work will be starting soon.
  1. Future Funding – There is no known decision to prolong the funding time. Paul Mackey has implied that there is no known plan for Eon to continue the funding. M. Pumphrey suggested that all CCs should have a meeting together to discuss future funding methods. D. Roan to meet with Bob Shipley who is the Chairman for Buittle CC and find out thoughts on the situation.

 

 

PLANNING APPLICATIONS:

 

17/1722/FUL: Alterations and extension to dwelling house, installation of air source heat pump and two photo voltaic arrays and formation of first floor balcony – Tullimaar, Rockcliffe.

 

17/1745/FUL: Erection of extension to dwelling house – Little Cloak, Dalbeattie.

 

17/1688/FUL: Extension to existing holiday park to increase the number of pitches from 65 to 105 (additional 30 touring caravan pitches and 10 tent pitches) and increase opening season to 10 months for caravans – Castle Point Caravan Park.

 

Granted – 17/1535/FUL: Erection extension to side and rear elevations of dwelling house – Loch House Bank, Colvend

 

After discussion on Castle Point Caravan Park’s application, it was decided to write a letter of comment to the Regional Council addressing the potential concerns over the access road through Barcloy Road to the site, if the application was granted.  Gourlay to write letter and to send to M. Pumphrey and D. Roan for approval.

 

 

CORRESPONDENCE:

D&G Council - Consultation launched on Building Scotland’s Low Emission Zones

D&G Council - Tackling Poverty in Dumfries and Galloway Conference, Monday 16 October 2017

Chloe Ellis POLICE - Drop In

Third Sector - Third Sector Voice in Community Planning - workshop events

Sarah Massey - Litter prevention initiative - Zero Waste Scotland – To be invited to next meeting to discuss.

D&G Council - correct email addresses for CCs

Sue Vest - Colvend / cc meeting and catching up beforehand

Sue Vest - Community Wellbeing Pilot

SCVS - Community Council Network Meeting in Castle Douglas

Road Network Team - RE: Road Works Report w/c 25/09/2017

Public Sector Executive Online - The King’s Fund Annual Conference | Prevention and population health

Matthew Pumphrey - Primrose & Gordon

Sue Vest – Info on ‘Borrow my dog’ project

SSC Secretary - Stewartry Sports Council SPORTS AWARDS INVITATION

D&G Council - WEEKLY LIST OF PLANNING APPLICATIONS REGISTERED AND DECISIONS ISSUED DURING 25 - 29 SEPTEMBER 2017

 

 

AOCB:

 

  1. Parking at Rockcliffe – Mr and Mrs Bowman raised concerns about cars parking at Barons Craig entrance. Cars have been parking all along the narrow road including on grass verges. It is making it difficult for residents to get in and out of their homes, and accidents are now occurring, such as bins being knocked over and wing mirrors damaged. Deliveries are also becoming difficult.  The police are not aware of any legislation regarding parking on grass verges. There is nothing we can do as a CC however D. Stitt has offered to speak to Charlotte Carson about possible signage at the end of the road.
  1. The Kippford association now formally have ownership of the land from The Kip. They will keep Colvend CC up to date with what they are planning to do with it.
  1. M. Pumphrey mentioned the Acorn group whose aim is to preserve red squirrels. More information needs to be gathered on that subject.
  1. S. Gourlay brought up the issue of the two notice boards at Kippford. Both are locked. D. McCall advised that the one at the bus shelter was for Kippford Association. Derek Roan has the key for the Hall and is responsible for putting up the minutes there.

 

 

THE NEXT MEETING WILL BE ON THE 2nd OF NOVEMBER IN COLVEND PUBLIC HALL AT 7pm

 

If you would like to receive an e-mail copy of these minutes directly please contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.