COLVEND AND SOUTHWICK COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING

 

THURSDAY 1st November 2018 AT 7pm in COLVEND PUBLIC HALL

 

PRESENT:D. Roan – Chair,  S. Gourlay – Secretary,  S. Robertson - Minutes,  T. Roan, S. Pain,  A. Grafton, K.Coltart,  K. Filer and P.C. John Brown  

Members of public – J. Rowland,  J. Stanning

GUESTS:MandyPatterson (Community Resilience Officer)

 

APOLOGIES:  Cllr D. Stitt, Cllr I. Blake, Cllr R. Davidson, M. Pumphrey, M. Parry, J.Coates

                                                                        

POLICE REPORT:  PC John Brown reported that scrap cars were removed from an address at Southwick, believed to be by lorry.  Reminder to report anything that seems unusual or out of place.

The Police are still seeing significant increases of phishing: fraudulent telephone calls purporting to be reputable companies in order to obtain personal information and/or cash.  Police are to deliver leaflets and set up press conferences and in addition are asking for assistance to raise awareness.  As the target victims are mainly elderly residents it’s suggested checking on relatives and neighbours, opening discussions and encouraging reporting of incidents on 101 would be of most benefit. 

 

MANDY PATTERSON - COMMUNITY RESILIENCE OFFICER:  Mandy introduced herself to the CC and outlined her role in the community. Principally identifying what resilience plans are in place and ensuring everyone has access to that information.  J. Stanning confirmed the CC has a resilience plan in place, and briefly ran through the main points; risk assessments, identified critical resources, contacts and emergency action checklist.  Copy was accepted by M. Patterson.  Contact list will be updated, and possible replacements approached.  

M. Patterson discussed VOST - Virtual Operations Support Team for D&G who provide live information via Facebook and Twitter during critical times i.e. severe weather warnings.  Any CC members using these platforms may like to follow VOST as it can be a very useful and informative tool.  In addition, the D&G Council have a winter treatment route map with interactive map showing salt bin locations and treated roads. 

M. Patterson is also able to provide sandbags and D. Roan will contact Kippford Community to arrange this. 

Some discussion took place regarding defibrillators (confirmed we have 5 installed) and the expiry dates on the 1st Aid bag. J. Stanning will check all products are within specified date.  

M. Patterson concluded her visit with information about the Get Ready for Winter Roadshow.  As Dalbeattie is our wards largest town its likely to be held there, dates to be confirmed.  M. Patterson has provided her contact details in case anyone has further comments.

Mandy Patterson     07738 047080      This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.                                   

 

MINUTES OF MEETING 6/9/18:  Proposed - S. Gourlay, Signed - D. Roan

 

MATTERS ARISING FROM MINUTES:

1)  Rockcliffe Notice Boards - S. Gourlay advised that Robert Dinwiddie, the member of the public offering help, has now completedPillars and the surrounding woodwork have been repainted, and the perspex has been replaced with safety glass.

2)  Q & A session - Tony Topping was hoping to come to the October meeting which unfortunately had to beWe will extend an invitation to attend the next meeting due in December.  

3)  Core Path 20 Diversion - feedback via formal channels, J. Stanning informed no objections to the diversion of the

4)  SCVS Network Meeting- D. Roan and S. Gourlay attended the meeting for CCs the previous week (23rd October) as SCVS have gone into administration, and the framework will not be supported by the D&GJohn Enos acted as chairman and it was agreed to continue with these network meetings and hold 3-4 per annum.  CCs involved may be requested to make a small financial contribution to help with hall hire and other associated costs from the CC discretionary grant fund. The CCs feel it’s important to have this network while D. Roan and K. Filer agree it’s worthwhile to continue the meetings. 

 

TREASURERS REPORT:

Unfortunately, the Treasurer was absent from today’s meeting, and no report has been received by the CC. 

 

ROBIN RIGG WINDFARM COMMUNITY BENEFIT FUND:

 

 Colvend Recreation Field Project

The main works are now completed. Payment of £11,625-05 was received from LEADER in respect of our first claim. It is expected that we will need to make two further claims.

1. Payments made to date are £36576-20p

2. Outstanding invoice due to Colvend School Fund for the provision of the shelter - £8685-30p

3. Total expenditure to date - £45535-98p (compared to a budget of £50769-60p)

4. Grant aid received to date - £46125-05p

Outstanding expenditure to complete the original project specification is approx £2000 and therefore the project is expected to complete approx £3000 under budget. LEADER are encouraging the project to spend the excess funds in a way that contributes to the original intent of the project. The school have been approached and are interested in obtaining weather stations and outdoor games equipment. The community council supported this approach in principle. It was suggested that a sum of money should be set aside for the formal opening of the field, which is provisionally set for April next year.

Action: S.Pain to seek firm quotations from the school and check these with the CC and LEADER.

COUNCIL BUDGET CONSULTATION:

None of the CC members were able to open the attached document.  Will be referred back to the sender if necessary.

S. Gourlay read out a letter from D&G Council which asks for communities to host meetings to discuss their budget.

J. Rowland proposes we instead send a formal letter outlining our specific issues, namely storage costs, issues with new ‘superschools’ and if any changes were implemented in response to consultation from last year.  D. Roan and S. Pain to draft letter.

 

PLANNING:

DECISIONS

●18/1328/DDA – Mr Roan – Boreland of Colvend, Colvend - ERECTION OF AGRICULTURAL BUILDINGS - Prior approval not required

●18/1070/PIP – Mrs Copland – Land North West of Grennan, Rockcliffe - ERECTION OF 2 DWELLINGHOUSES AND FORMATION OF ACCESS (RENEWAL OF PLANNING PERMISSION IN PRINCIPLE PREVIOUSLY GRANTED UNDER 15/P/2/0099) - Grant conditionally

 

APPLICATIONS

●181417/FUL - Mr Newstead - Poplar Cottage, Kippford - ALTERATIONS AND ERECTION OF EXTENSIONS TO DWELLING HOUSE 

●18/1457/PIP - Mr & Mrs Blackwood - Sunnydene, Mainsriddle - ERECTION OF DWELLINGHOUSE

●18/1416/LBC - Mr & Mrs Illing - Fairgirth House, Sandyhills - INSTALLATION OF VARIOUS WINDOWS AND DOORS

●18/1328/DDA - Mr D Roan - Adjacent to Craigbrex, Barnbarroch - ERECTION OF 7 DWELLING HOUSES, FORMATION OF ACCESS AND INTERNAL ROAD LAYOUT, INSTALLATION OF SHARED SEPTIC TANK AND SOAKAWAY AND ASSOCIATED LANDSCAPING

CORRESPONDENCE:

 

As per emails sent to C/C members – 

  • Jodie Thomas - Invitation to improve Social Cohesion 
  • D&G Council Budget

Anyone wishing to see a comprehensive list of correspondence should contact the secretary, Mrs Sue Gourlay

 

AOCB:

1. John Coates sent an email to S. Gourlay raising concerns regarding the cancellation of themeeting. This has been checked and all guidelines were met.

2. Ian Connell - S. Gourlay telephoned and sentAgreed this is to be followed up with a letter.

3. Rowland confirmed half of Portling Road has fibre optic and tested his speed at 73 bps.  

4. CC were informed that the Galloway National Park Conference takes place at Laggan on the 12th November.

5. S. Pain has been approached by the golf club to see if we can help with information on grant aid for new

6. S. Pain also raised that the bus shelter at Southwick should be discussed at a future meeting as remedial work needs undertaking.

7. A. Grafton has asked if we know where to obtain appropriate signage for a section of road at Southwick that has recently had several squirrels killed on theK. Filer will discuss with her group.

8. Also raised coastal road cutaway is now becomingRoads depot have already been informed however this will now be chased with Charlotte Carson

9. S. Gourlay discussed siting of the telescope which is to be installed at Rockcliffe, on a plinth in a grassy section at the West endAn email outlining discussed plans was expected from C. Carson however this was not received so S. Gourlay will follow up via telephone. 

10.The position of Minute Secretary has now been filled by S. Robertson, who has agreed to attend 10 CC meetings per year with a payment of £35 per meeting.

 

 

 

THE NEXT MEETING WILL BE ON THE THURSDAY 13th December IN COLVEND PUBLIC HALL

 

www.colvendcommunity.co.uk

 

If further copies of these minutes are required please e-mail This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.