COLVEND AND SOUTHWICK COMMUNITY COUNCIL MEETING

THURSDAY 1ST JUNE AT 7pm in COLVEND PUBLIC HALL

PRESENT:  D. Roan – Chair, S. Gourlay – Secretary, J. Coates, K. Coltart, E. Fisher, S. Pain, Cllr D. Stitt, M. McGhie – Minute taker, S. King, M. Pumphrey, J. Rowland, PC S. Johnstone.

 

 

APOLOGIES:  M. Parry, K. Filer, Cllr I. Blake, T. Roan, I. Connell, P. Harper 

 

 

MINUTES OF MEETING 11/05/17 :

Correspondence A. Wright should read A. White. Also, the date for the minutes of previous meeting 02/03/17 should read 06/04/17. With these amendments, the minutes of the meeting 11/05/17 were approved. Proposed by S. Gourlay; signed D. Roan

 

 

POLICE REPORT:

15/05: Report regarding eBay fraud. The police have had a report on a similar crime elsewhere and the suspected seller is being followed up.

23/05: Ongoing neighbour dispute reported in the Southwick area.

29/05: Report of two suspicious looking males around Barend – to be followed up.

There have also been a few drugs warrants executed in the Kirkcudbright and Castle Douglas area. Several people have been arrested as money and drugs have been found.

01/06: Drop in session at Dalbeattie. S. Pain had worries of contacting the station as had no response on the 01/05

S. Johnstone has also mentioned the Community Safety Team are now using Survey Monkey and will contact S. Gourlay about what issues the community want the police to target. Also gave information on legislation regarding the use of drones in the area.

 

 

MATTERS ARISING FROM MINUTES:

 

1. Tarmac repair still outstanding.  D. Stitt has not had a response yet.

 

2. Sandyhills Phone box. Still to be cleaned and painted.                                                                                  S. Pain

 

3. Colvend community website. S. King gave the CC an update on what is happening on the website. J. Stanning and E. Fisher continuing weekly updates. S. King reported more participation by the community is needed. E. Fisher suggested putting a notice up advertising the website to encourage more people to view. S. King was thanked for attending.

 

 

TREASURERS REPORT:

The accounts remain the same as in the May AGM Minutes:

£2616.97 (current account) and £7699.25 (Community Benefit Fund account)

S. Gourlay has contacted Solway Firth Partnership and has sent a copy of the invoice so funds can be transferred.

It was also agreed that it would be helpful if M. Parry could deliver a breakdown of the accounts bi monthly so more detail of incomings and outgoings can be viewed.                                                                       D. Roan and M. Parry

 

 

ROBIN RIGG WINDFARM COMMUNITY BENEFIT FUND:

 

1. Life after Robin Rigg.

 

J. Coates proposed that seeking funds from the government itself rather than from regional council. J. Coates also reported that a think tank was in progress regarding government funding for community councils. Seeking help from local MSPs was also suggested. D. Roan thought this issue needed further exploration through the Stewartry Network. S. Gourlay to contact SCVS. J. Coates to find out who this ‘think tank’ is and to email them, then to perhaps discuss representation for our community.                                                                                                                  J. Coates

 

It was decided for the CC to formulate an idea to put to the Stewartry Network meeting which will be included in next month’s agenda             M.McGhie

                                                                                                                                    

2. Telescope. The NTS cannot make an imminent decision on siting the telescope at kippford as they are undergoing reorganisation. Forestry Commission would agree to a site above Barnbarroch, however, a nearby steading may be affected. A meeting will be arranged with the Forestry Commission to discuss suitability of the site. D. Roan will be attending.                                                                                                                        J. Coates and S. Pain

 

PLANNING APPLICATIONS:

17/0875/FUL: Alterations and erection of extension to existing holiday lodge - Craigneuk Portling Dalbeattie

After the responsibilities of the community council in respect to planning representations was outlined by S. Pain, it was agreed that the council do not need to bring any complaints to the attention of the planning department unless they are categorised as material objections.

A short discussion about R. Aston’s planning application took place re. bat survey. CC came to the decision that we cannot be of any help.

 

CORRESPONDENCE:

  • Website fault – Simon Pain
  • Draft of carer’s strategy 2017-2021 – NHS
  • Launch of 20mph members bill consultation – Mark Russell MSP
  • Failed notice to Dalbeattie library – Simon Pain
  • Great Place scheme. New funding strategy – Harry Thomson
  • Alison Kalotka – Dalbeattie CC Official complaint – S. Gourlay, T. Roan and M. Pumphrey attended meeting.
  • Draft Scheme of Establishments and Constitution – SCVS (M. Pumphrey and S. Pain replied)
  • Solway Firth Partnership – Newsletter. World Oceans Day on June 11th
  • Discuss Galloway National Park organised by Southern Uplands Partnership 12/06 – Pip Tabor (S. Gourlay and F.M.G. Gourlay to attend)
  • June Dates – Colvend School
  • Community Council Discretionary Grants Form – D&G Council

 

 

AOCB:

 1. Complaint from Dalbeattie CC – Report has been done. A letter was sent to the chairman reporting that this should not happen again.

2. Broadband – J. Rowland has heard back regarding limitations to the broadband in the area. Areas that are affected are to be identified and reported back to BT for them to act. CC Members agreed to ask some people in the surrounding area to find out where is worst affected with poor broadband speed. J. Rowland forwarded the BT contact address to S. Pain.

3. Possibility of co-opting new Councillor to replace J. Thorpe – Deferred to next meeting.

4. Library email address – S. Gourlay will contact.

5. Still awaiting invoice from P. Hodgson for noticeboards

6. Water leak opposite school has been fixed.

7. Design for football ground requested to be pushed back to July Meeting

8. S. Pain has tidied the display in the Colvend Tourist Information centre and requested a new TV.

9. Resilience Plan – It was reported that this is the definitive plan.

 

 

CHANGE OF DATE. PLEASE NOTE THE NEXT MEETING WILL BE ON THE 27TH OF JULY IN COLVEND PUBLIC HALL

 

FIND OUT WHATS GOING ON IN YOUR COMMUNITY

(Area includes Barnbarroch, Kippford, Rockcliffe, Portling, Sandyhills, Southwick and part of Mainsriddle)

WE ENCOURAGE PEOPLE IN THE AREA TO ATTEND THESE INTERESTING MEETINGS

WEBSITE FOR COLVEND AND SOUTHWICK COMMUNITY COUNCIL: www.colvendcommunity.co.uk